For the budget-conscious as well as the eco-minded, there are plenty of compelling reasons to clean up your laundry routine. We've collected some of the best tips to get clean clothes and a clean planet!
1. Skip the dry cleaner. Not only is it bad for the environment, it's also very expensive! Garments that
are labeled "dry clean only" can be laundered quite easily & safely at home for a fraction of the cost. The Eucalan YouTube channel is dedicated to giving you all the info you need to get started!
2. Say no to phospates. So what are phosphates, and why are they bad? In a nutshell, phosphates cause algal blooms which have a negative impact on rivers, lakes are streams (for a more in-depth explanation, click here). Eucalan's formula is not only phosphate-free, it's biodegradable and non-toxic too!
2.Washing clothes in cold water will save you money on your energy bill. According to PlanetGreen.com, 90% of the energy used by a typical washing machine is used to heat the water, while only 10% is used to power the motor.
3. Switch to a High-Efficiency washer. Eucalan is safe to use with all HE washers, and you'll save up to 7,000 gallons of water per year (source: Treehugger.com).
4. Use less detergent. You'll save money by making your detergent last longer and your clothes will still be nice and clean! Click here to read more about why most of us are using too much detergent in each load of laundry.
5. Skip the dryer. Whenever possible, skipping the dryer and opting to line-dry will save you big money - dryers are #2 on the list of energy-guzzling appliances!
6. Make the most of the dryer if you choose (or need!) to use it. Opt to use the air-dry feature, which uses cold air to dry clothes. If you're in the market to buy a new dryer, gas-powered dryers are three times faster than electic. (Source: About.com - click here for even more dryer facts!) Also keep in mind, dryer lint is compostable - and if you're feeling crafty, it makes great paper!